Foreword

Assalamu'alaikum. Welcome to this plain, mediocrely designed hut of mine. I love to write, and this is where I write. Things that I write, there might be mistakes in them. I seek refuge in Allah swt for me and you from the harm my writing may bring. Any good from it, may He swt reward me for that and spread the good to others. Any words that appear displeasing to you, don't take it to heart for I don't intend to hurt anyone in any way. Any advices I put forward, may Allah swt give me the taufiq to first act upon them, for they might testify against me in the hereafter. Jazakallah Khair.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

KauBoLEh (3)

I wanted to pick up on the Present Perfect Continuous but there's nothing else really to be discussed. So, I'll just move on to the Past Perfect Continuous for this entry.


The Past Perfect Continuous is used to show the connection of a continuous action that was completed before another past action. The amount of time of the continuous action is expressed with 'for'.

Ex. 1: The fire had been burning for a week by the time it was controlled.

Ex. 2: They had been living in Rochester for 3 years when I came.

Ex. 3: The love letter was sent by a guy who had been stalking her for 3 months.


We use the past perfect continuous:

When an action took place over a period of time;

Ex. By the time the fire was put out, it had been burning for over a week.


We use the past perfect, instead of the past perfect continuous, with:

Nonaction verbs;

Ex. When the fire started, Rochester had had very little rain.


An action of no duration;

Ex. When residents returned, they found out that their homes had been destroyed.

A multiple or repeated action;

Ex. By the time the first half ended, Torres had scored 5 goals.


P/s: My college career has come to an end? I'm still in denial. -__-