Foreword

Assalamu'alaikum. Welcome to this plain, mediocrely designed hut of mine. I love to write, and this is where I write. Things that I write, there might be mistakes in them. I seek refuge in Allah swt for me and you from the harm my writing may bring. Any good from it, may He swt reward me for that and spread the good to others. Any words that appear displeasing to you, don't take it to heart for I don't intend to hurt anyone in any way. Any advices I put forward, may Allah swt give me the taufiq to first act upon them, for they might testify against me in the hereafter. Jazakallah Khair.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

a drop of reminder, a pool of apology

MySA's general meeting last night was quite interesting, especially the last portion of it when our president was directly addressing us about our putting Malaysia's pride on the line. Well, not all of us of course, but this Malay saying would well describe the situation, "Kerana nila setitik rosak susu sebelanga." What a moving speech. I expected no less from a president of his caliber. The things he said about us bearing the rights of others really made me rethink the purpose of my being here. Just how much sin I have committed by just slacking off in my studies. Sometimes you just need someone to strike at you head-on like that for you to get it. A real friend is someone who can give you a sincere advice when you really need one, even if it costs you your tears. How you would take it, that's for you to decide. After all, reminders are beneficial for Muslims. Back to the issue, so now MySA is not giving out any "aids" to anyone any more. I wish they could have done that way sooner, so I could have spent more time sharpening my reasoning skills.

Speaking of reminder, someone just gave me a warm reminder to come to the dodgeball tournament tonight. Well that's not strange at all since I skipped the last treasure hunt contest and put my team at the risk of losing their winning points. (And my team did win.) MySA have come up with this new rule where points will be deducted for every absence; a particularly effective strategy against those who hardly show up in the meetings. So it seems like I'll have to at least make sure my attendance is checked somehow. "What a drag...", the line my favorite Naruto character would say if he gets caught up in a tricky situation. It's a good thing though that this time around the matches between girls and boys will be done separately; otherwise, some people might not even consider coming at all. I'd love to be actively involved in these get-together activities as much as others do, but for some reasons I can't. By saying that, I'm not trying to offend anyone here, just delivering my sincere thoughts. My apology if it does sound that way. =)

p/s: MySA = Malaysian Students Association

Wassalam