Foreword

Assalamu'alaikum. Welcome to this plain, mediocrely designed hut of mine. I love to write, and this is where I write. Things that I write, there might be mistakes in them. I seek refuge in Allah swt for me and you from the harm my writing may bring. Any good from it, may He swt reward me for that and spread the good to others. Any words that appear displeasing to you, don't take it to heart for I don't intend to hurt anyone in any way. Any advices I put forward, may Allah swt give me the taufiq to first act upon them, for they might testify against me in the hereafter. Jazakallah Khair.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

a sunnah to carry on

Buffalo Halaqah Mesyuarah is due tomorrow, from after Zuhr until Isha'. Ok..Let me refresh your memory on this. Halaqah mesyuarah is a program in which brothers from different masjids within the halaqah get together to discuss the accounts of da'wah effort in their respective localities. Buffalo halaqah includes ICR, Niagara Falls, James Town, Lackawanna, Syracuse, and some others I can't recall. Conducting a mesyuarah is the order of Allah, and the sunnah of the Prophet saw and the sahabah ajma'in. Allah swt and His Prophet saw do not need any consultation, but there is khair (betterment) in it for this ummah. Mesyuarah unites the hearts of muslims, provided all the etiquettes are observed carefully. When a decision is met through mesyuarah, Allah's help will be with it insyaAllah. Also, when we listen to the various (karkuzaris) accounts, we will be more encouraged to bring up the level of our local efforts. Alhamdulillah, so far, the preparations are coming along just fine. Hopefully everything will go without a hitch. A few houses were assigned to do the cooking, and other tasks as well. There's nothing much we can contribute from our side, perhaps we'll just help serve the lunch tomorrow. About 50 people are expected to come this time. Since this effort is still new to ICR, we need to be a little more conscious of the rules and regulations of the masjid. All this while, halaqah mesyuarah has always been done at Buffalo markaz. There's some renovation work going on in the main prayer hall. I heard they are expanding the room to accommodate the growing number of people coming for prayers, especially the Jumu'ah prayer. So it seems like we are going to have the mesyuarah in the other building. Please pray for the smoothness of this event. May Allah make things easy for us and make this effort grow in Rochester..ameen.