Foreword

Assalamu'alaikum. Welcome to this plain, mediocrely designed hut of mine. I love to write, and this is where I write. Things that I write, there might be mistakes in them. I seek refuge in Allah swt for me and you from the harm my writing may bring. Any good from it, may He swt reward me for that and spread the good to others. Any words that appear displeasing to you, don't take it to heart for I don't intend to hurt anyone in any way. Any advices I put forward, may Allah swt give me the taufiq to first act upon them, for they might testify against me in the hereafter. Jazakallah Khair.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

from =) to : )


Once, the door to my house was wide open, that almost anybody at all could enter through it. The more of them came, the more my house was turning into a mess. Then I realized that this had to stop. I needed to keep them out for some time to clean up my house and put things in order before any more guests should come. And I made a policy..that the next guest I would allow in must be worth it. And I wanted this guest to see the best of my house. I’ve started ever since..cleaning and mopping, washing, vacuuming and everything. And I was enjoying all this. Once in a while, I glanced at the door. Sometimes I heard noises, sometimes I heard a knock. As much as I wanted to get the door, I resisted myself from doing so..whispering to myself, “You must get the house clean and tidy first!” Time passed and I couldn't take it anymore. So I opened the door just enough so I could peek out..to see what was going on outside..and then shut it back before anyone could notice. I saw a lot of them passing by..but nobody seemed to be coming my way. Day after day, I kept peeking out from the small opening of the door..until the time came when I thought I’d seen enough of this. So I decided to seal the door now for once, and open it back later when my house and I are ready to accept a guest..IF any would come at all. I was pushing on the door slowly..very slowly. Now it was shut..and I needed to lock it from inside. But then, just before I could snap the lock in, outside I heard someone was knocking. I stopped and waited for a while. Then I opened the door a little so I could see the person. I saw a guest standing on my doorstep..smiling. The guest said salam to me and I answered. I’d never seen this guest before. Anyway, the conversation began..and it kept going..on and on..but I was still not letting the guest in. I started to get convinced that this guest could be the one. I glanced inside. Forget about all the fancy furniture and decorations, even the cleaning was hardly complete. And I just remembered, I had nothing to serve to the guest..almost nothing at all. Then the guest said, in such a way that my heart was shaken, “Can I come in?" I was stunned..speechless. At the same time I kept glancing into my house back and forth, considering if it's the right time to let someone in. Now the big question, what should I do?

My heart is between You and me. You know what is behind every portion of it..not a single particle from You I can hide. If we were to unite, unite us in the rightful way..and if we were to part, part us in the best of ways. Help us take care of our hearts, from being overwhelmed by our desires. Make our love connected to that of Yours..so if we don't have each other, we always have You, our Lord, our Protector. If this is a test, You know better I'm weak for it, so show me the way to ace it.