Foreword

Assalamu'alaikum. Welcome to this plain, mediocrely designed hut of mine. I love to write, and this is where I write. Things that I write, there might be mistakes in them. I seek refuge in Allah swt for me and you from the harm my writing may bring. Any good from it, may He swt reward me for that and spread the good to others. Any words that appear displeasing to you, don't take it to heart for I don't intend to hurt anyone in any way. Any advices I put forward, may Allah swt give me the taufiq to first act upon them, for they might testify against me in the hereafter. Jazakallah Khair.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My American Journal - The Finale

And so I graduated..but with nothing extra. I'd say 'Alhamdulillah' just on the fact that I was able to graduate! It's kinda funny when I think back to the old days. There were times when I had this ridiculous thought that I should quit college, and take on a different journey altogether. The thought would linger for a while, but I always managed to get over it before it could consume me. To some here, I may have been a recluse, but again looks can be deceiving. The people who know me, they know how chatty and lively I am. ^^" A bore? Heh, not even close! :p I'm fun to be around. The way I see it, my writing has somewhat played the role to compensate for the recluse me. Split personality huh? Oftentimes, how I appear to others depends on the environment I'm in. My life has been confined to this particular environment here fior years, which I found quite difficult to handle. But now the windows are open again for me to choose from. May He help e make the wisest choice.

I couldn't thank you enough, Uncle Sam, for giving me so much to learn from, for letting me acquire what I came here for, for letting me discover the different sides of myself, for letting me fulfill my purpose in this chapter. You were introduced to me as "the land of opportunity", and from what I have seen, you does live up to the name. Please let me keep some of our memories together, so I'll have something to look back on when we are apart. One last favor from you if I may ask; please take good care of those I'm leaving behind, let them figure out what their purpose is and help them carry it out, let them reach their dreams to the full extent. As for me, I'll build up on what I have at the moment, and try to utilize these little talent and abilities I've got for the sake of this Deen.

Having been here, I can't deny to have grown quite an attachment for the land, for the people. A giant chunk of my love has scattered around, a portion of which is hundreds of miles away while another is right before my eyes; A portion of which I can keep and take home, while another is meant to be left behind. I'll leave this particular portion here. I'm not taking it with me for it feels too heavy on my shoulders. Should it come back to me then it's mine to keep, and if it doesn't I guess it was never meant to be. To some point, I'm tired of chasing after shadows under a dim light. Today I let go of my hopes and wishes. Perhaps when these shoulders get a little stronger, I can consider adding more to the load. A piece of advice before I close; never compromise the principles you have held on to for a nod of approval from others, for they are what makes you who you are. Refresh your intention regularly, and correct any misintentions you might have had along the way. Whatever thing you come across, or whatever situation you are faced with, assimilate the good and filter out the evil. To my beloved sisters, don't forget that you are our flag bearers. You represent this Deen more than we brothers do. Make us proud, make our Deen proud. ^^

Our company of each other may end, but our friendship will always grow. May Allah make things easy for you my brothers and sisters out there, and may He reward all your struggles. I hereby, shut down 'My American Journal' and 'Da'wah is Love'.

Assalamualaikum. =)