Foreword

Assalamu'alaikum. Welcome to this plain, mediocrely designed hut of mine. I love to write, and this is where I write. Things that I write, there might be mistakes in them. I seek refuge in Allah swt for me and you from the harm my writing may bring. Any good from it, may He swt reward me for that and spread the good to others. Any words that appear displeasing to you, don't take it to heart for I don't intend to hurt anyone in any way. Any advices I put forward, may Allah swt give me the taufiq to first act upon them, for they might testify against me in the hereafter. Jazakallah Khair.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

the long-awaited khuruj

I'm supposed to be studying for tomorrow's Genomics final now but I just couldn't resist the urge to write this entry. I'm thrilled. This month's khuruj is gonna be a lot of fun because Farouk and Omar are joining us too. It's been a while since the last time we went on khuruj together. I really miss those days when we had many youngsters in the jama'ah whenever we went out on khuruj. But the only problem now is we still need an adult to come with us. You know, when it's all kids (I consider myself a kid too) and no adults it'd be hard to keep everything under control. It would be all play and fun and no learning. So we need someone who can hold the jama'ah together, who are superior to us in age, and he does not necessarily have to be the 'amir of the jama'ah. We were thinking Br. Intikhab would be the best candidate. If he can join us then the jama'ah is complete. But in case we can't get him to go, Br. Gungor said he would go instead.

We were discussing about our khuruj destination at mesyuwarah just now. Br. Gungor said that Syracuse won't work for us this time since they have an Eid activity at the masjid over the weekend. There will be a lot of people at the masjid and our going there would just add to the hustle. So Br. Gungor called Br. Ghazanfar of Buffalo markaz and asked his opinion as to whether we should go to Buffalo and merge with a jama'ah there or postpone our khuruj until next week. And he said if there are brothers who are ready for this weekend just let them go, don't stop them. He suggested us to just come over to them and they'll accommodate us in a jama'ah insyaallah. One good thing about Buffalo markaz is there is at least one jama'ah going out from there every weekend. Hm..lets pray so everything will work out just perfect. I've been looking forward to this khuruj since I skipped my khuruj last month. It's time to compensate for that. =)

Salam