Foreword

Assalamu'alaikum. Welcome to this plain, mediocrely designed hut of mine. I love to write, and this is where I write. Things that I write, there might be mistakes in them. I seek refuge in Allah swt for me and you from the harm my writing may bring. Any good from it, may He swt reward me for that and spread the good to others. Any words that appear displeasing to you, don't take it to heart for I don't intend to hurt anyone in any way. Any advices I put forward, may Allah swt give me the taufiq to first act upon them, for they might testify against me in the hereafter. Jazakallah Khair.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Cell Phys to Rustic via Walmart

Over with Cell Physiology lab. To Rustic Village, four of us in the car. We offered Br. Talhah a ride but he refused, saying that he wanted to take the bus with his other friend. Never mind. We stopped by Wallmart on our way home for a quick shopping. Since I didn't have anything to do here, I just wandered around until my housemates got everything they needed. They got in the line for self-checkout. I knew it would take them a while, so I decided to wait at a bench near the checkout counter. This was when I saw Br. Irfan dashing in. I was about to greet him but then stopped when I noticed he was in a hurry. I got back to the bench, sat, and began daydreaming.

I was halfway to the moon when someone suddenly caught me in a hug. It was Br. Gungor. (I wish it had been a girl instead~) He was with his two sons, Omar and Ismail, who seemed to me more like his bodyguards (both of them have a tall and sturdy build.) Br. Gungor is a Turkish American who works as a General Manager (GM) at an HSBC branch here in Rochester. Pretty cool profession I must say. His other son, Adam, is at UB (University at Buffalo, NY) now doing his Bachelor's degree in Medicine. I never asked how long he has been here, but I can tell from his flawless American he has lived here for ages. He's been spending time with us in jama'ah pretty regularly and in fact he is our 'amir for this month. It feels kinda weird that I know very little about them despite having been with them for over one and a half years now. I should open my mouth and ask more.

Home! (unproductive portion of the night you don't want to know about)