Foreword

Assalamu'alaikum. Welcome to this plain, mediocrely designed hut of mine. I love to write, and this is where I write. Things that I write, there might be mistakes in them. I seek refuge in Allah swt for me and you from the harm my writing may bring. Any good from it, may He swt reward me for that and spread the good to others. Any words that appear displeasing to you, don't take it to heart for I don't intend to hurt anyone in any way. Any advices I put forward, may Allah swt give me the taufiq to first act upon them, for they might testify against me in the hereafter. Jazakallah Khair.

Friday, May 20, 2011

it's Lackawanna again

Assalamu'alaikum!

This will be just a very short post insyaAllah since I'm leaving for Lackawanna in an hour for this month's khuruj. There is one jama'ah going out next week as well to accommodate the brothers who can't go this week. Alhamdulillah..I'm done for the quarter. Quite a long break I have ahead and as always, I know I'm gonna have a hard time figuring out what to do. The atmosphere here is getting exciting (for certain people) since many have left or are leaving for our beloved home country, Malaysia. And to my friends, Mael and Wae, whose flight is due this Sunday, may you guys have a sound journey home. Hm..it seems like I'll be coming back to their absence..I don't even get to send them fly..huhu. Nevermind, my turn will be up soon..=) By the way, I was talking about how I was gonna fill my holidays..well, I think finishing this novel would be a good start to that;

one dollar bill as a bookmark, how cool is that?

This is a novel by Dr. Laurence B. Brown, a famous Muslim revert who used to be in the US military. He's got an amazing story of discovering Islam, which I find very inspiring and moving. I like reading novels, especially those with investigative genre..I just love the thrill. During my preparation years in INTEC UiTM, I would spend some time in the library browsing novels by Agatha Cristie, a legend in the writing of investigative stories. By far I've read almost a dozen of her collections, and are looking forward to enjoying more of them. This "The Eighth Scroll" is my very first novel that I bought here in the US. I'm just a couple of pages through actually, but it's caught enough of my attention to read it all the way through. It is a piece of writing dedicated to Him swt, so it says in the book. Well you see..sometimes hearing those stories about how people finally found their ways to Islam does help you in your iman. It also makes you realize how a great thing it is to have been born as a Muslim..so, lets do our best to appreciate this treasure we have. I guess that's it for now. Insyaallah I'll write about the karkuzari from my coming khuruj. Till then..Assalam..