Foreword

Assalamu'alaikum. Welcome to this plain, mediocrely designed hut of mine. I love to write, and this is where I write. Things that I write, there might be mistakes in them. I seek refuge in Allah swt for me and you from the harm my writing may bring. Any good from it, may He swt reward me for that and spread the good to others. Any words that appear displeasing to you, don't take it to heart for I don't intend to hurt anyone in any way. Any advices I put forward, may Allah swt give me the taufiq to first act upon them, for they might testify against me in the hereafter. Jazakallah Khair.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

holiday trip

Now let’s get nostalgic a bit. Look what I ran into.


This is a picture taken when I and some friends went to Niagara Falls for some sightseeing. It was Fall break 2009 if I remember it right. We went there by train and stayed at a hotel for a couple of days. I was fresh and new here, very energetic and enthusiastic to explore around. There was nothing stopping me back then..hoho. We had a lot of fun. The views were spectacular. The cold somewhat got in the way though. -_- My body was still pretty much in shock; it took me a while to adapt to the weather. This was one of the very few holiday trips I’ve ever been on since I came. I wish to go on a trip again sometime soon, perhaps one last time before I leave here, with my close buddies of course. We haven’t even been to New York City! And Washington DC! Haih. The farthest I’ve been to is Chicago. That was when we went for our winter break khuruj last two years. I believe many of my friends have been to a lot of interesting places on holiday trips. I’ve been seeing nice pictures. Hey, come to think of it..I think we have been going on lots of holiday trips too..even more than others have. Yess. Khuruj is a holiday trip. : )

Abu Umama narrates that a man asked, "O Rasulullah! Please allow me to travel as a tourist". Nabi replied: "The tourism of my ummah is to strive in the Path of Allah" (Abu Dawud).

p/s: Undoubtedly, the best portions of my time here come from khuruj fi sabilillah.