Foreword

Assalamu'alaikum. Welcome to this plain, mediocrely designed hut of mine. I love to write, and this is where I write. Things that I write, there might be mistakes in them. I seek refuge in Allah swt for me and you from the harm my writing may bring. Any good from it, may He swt reward me for that and spread the good to others. Any words that appear displeasing to you, don't take it to heart for I don't intend to hurt anyone in any way. Any advices I put forward, may Allah swt give me the taufiq to first act upon them, for they might testify against me in the hereafter. Jazakallah Khair.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

a 1-minute self-absorption

Intended for decoration ^^

Having reached this age, I still get this; "Oh, you're in college? I thought you were 16!" And I would go like -_-") for a second. Obviously the people here can't guesstimate our age just by looking. I guess having a beard doesn't help in telling that I'm old enough to get married either. It's no biggie actually, why make a fuss out of it..haih. In fact, I should be happy that I look younger on the outside, shouldn't I? (hoho) All the high schoolers I'm friends with are much taller, bigger, sturdier, handsomer than me, and their beards, Subhanallah, three times as big. Well check out what they eat for breakfast: Loaf breads with cream cheese (packets of them). I feel I'm getting fat just at the sight of it. I doubt if they could see the word "mature" written on my face at all. But ironically speaking, being mature has little to do with age; It's not about how long you have lived, but it's about how you behave, think, and react accordingly. Believe me, I've seen a 50-year-old who acted like a child, and it's not a good sight at all. Another definition of being mature would be being ready to take on the responsibilities that come along as you grow older, something I'm still untiringly working on. So, I really wish that this increase in age comes with an increase in taqwa, wisdom, good deeds, and closeness to Allah swt. Otherwise, getting up another level in age does not signify any good, right? And to mom, no matter how much beard I've grown, how many digits I have added to my age, I'm still your sweet little boy.

P/s: And..I insist on keeping, to some extent, this childlike nature of mine. :D