Foreword

Assalamu'alaikum. Welcome to this plain, mediocrely designed hut of mine. I love to write, and this is where I write. Things that I write, there might be mistakes in them. I seek refuge in Allah swt for me and you from the harm my writing may bring. Any good from it, may He swt reward me for that and spread the good to others. Any words that appear displeasing to you, don't take it to heart for I don't intend to hurt anyone in any way. Any advices I put forward, may Allah swt give me the taufiq to first act upon them, for they might testify against me in the hereafter. Jazakallah Khair.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

dodge ball

My body is aching all over from last night's dodgeball games. This is what happens if you force your "sleeping" muscles to work. But it's sumwhat worth it though, considering that team yellow turned out to be the champion. *hoyeah!?* We started out a loser, but then turned the tables around in the later half of the games. Hm..it feels great to work up some sweat in sports. It helps keep you in shape too. I haven't been working out much lately. In fact, I was surprised to find myself gasping when I was climbing up the stairs to my writing class on the 3rd floor! How serious is that? OK. This picture of Hanis below doesn't have to do with this entry, but I insisted to put it up because..she's so cute!! *I thought it was a guilt not to "share" her ^^"*

Hanis Nabila is in hijab now.. ^^

OK. We were supposed to go to Syracuse for this month's khuruj. But since we were short on people amir sab decided to go next week instead. Br. Nasir was pumped up to give the Somalian kids a follow-up visit. See if they can say the syahadah right this time. But for next weekend (the 4th weekend of the month,) the last halaqah syura assigned us the new Yamanese masjid on 300 Bay Street, just near downtown Rochester. I believe this trend of working within one's own locality has been encouraged by all the syuras, in line with the aim to strengthen local efforts. I've been longing to spend longer times in khuruj. Here, one and a half days don't really give the effect you expect, especially when going out with a group of youngsters; lack of tawajjuh (concentration) that is. I do enjoy going out with these kids though, just that sometimes I need to learn from more experienced brothers too. Sometimes, you need to listen more than talk. I miss to be in a jama'ah where there are hafizs of quran, madrasah students, or an 'alim. There's no limit to what you can gain from a good company. InsyaAllah this coming winter break will meet my longing. ^^ Oh, another thing. Br. Irfan is leaving for his hometown in India next week for Eidul Adha holidays. May he have a sound journey home, (and don't forget to come back!)

P/s: The moment I get home, I'll go pinch her chubby cheeks!