Foreword

Assalamu'alaikum. Welcome to this plain, mediocrely designed hut of mine. I love to write, and this is where I write. Things that I write, there might be mistakes in them. I seek refuge in Allah swt for me and you from the harm my writing may bring. Any good from it, may He swt reward me for that and spread the good to others. Any words that appear displeasing to you, don't take it to heart for I don't intend to hurt anyone in any way. Any advices I put forward, may Allah swt give me the taufiq to first act upon them, for they might testify against me in the hereafter. Jazakallah Khair.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

how do I kill the "killer?"

The other day a friend of mine showed me a piece of paper. This was no ordinary paper. It triggered a flow of strong feelings in me. The paper put me in denial. It made me smile and frowned at the same time. It is something I've wanted to have..what I've always looked forward to having. But its just a piece of paper. How could it be so provocative?! I only saw it for a glimpse, yet it kept playing in my head and didn't stop but long afterward. OK lets cut the drama. The paper was none other than a sijil kursus pra perkahwinan (pre-marriage course cert.) No wonder I felt so much affected.^^ My friend is unofficially engaged now and I have yet to find a candidate? No way! (OK you know I'm overreacting here.) My friend told me I should go propose to a girl (which I think I did?) Then I replied (in defense); "How can I propose to a girl when I'm still not done with school..and haven't started a job?" Then here comes the killer answer; "Sustenance is in the hands of Allah..u don't have to worry about that. Our sustenance had been written before we were even born." I answered back (after a little while, being defensive but pretty much in denial;) "Hm..I know that..that's not what I'm worried about..I'm more concerned about myself being not ready..in knowledge and wisdom. I think I'm still a kid (well at least I act like one..and he actually nodded at this! Cis.) Then here comes another killer; "Part of marriage is about learning.. In fact that's the sweet part to it..You learn how to live with your spouse, to manage your household.." Silence broke out..Remained..Until a new topic came about..

OK..lets take a break.

"Islam itu mudah."

P/s: Almost completed my 2nd essay which has been much of a pain in the neck (Alhamdulillah!)..I'd say this is just an echo or a follow-through from my "writing-too-much-of-randomly-thought-words condition"..^^"