Foreword

Assalamu'alaikum. Welcome to this plain, mediocrely designed hut of mine. I love to write, and this is where I write. Things that I write, there might be mistakes in them. I seek refuge in Allah swt for me and you from the harm my writing may bring. Any good from it, may He swt reward me for that and spread the good to others. Any words that appear displeasing to you, don't take it to heart for I don't intend to hurt anyone in any way. Any advices I put forward, may Allah swt give me the taufiq to first act upon them, for they might testify against me in the hereafter. Jazakallah Khair.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

news from Chicago

We got a call from Br. Kamran yesterday. This was the first time we heard from him since he moved to Chicago about two months ago. We have lost a great companion in dakwah since then. Alhamdulillah..he and his family have settled down and found a new house over there. From his voice I could tell he is enjoying his new home a lot. He was telling me how the brothers there were very welcoming and happy to receive a new member in their community. And how much they look up to him as a hafiz of Quran. I'm glad to hear that the dakwah effort in his new place is very established and they have strong brothers on the team. I remember being to the markaz masjid in Chicago, and seeing such a great dakwah effort by the Arab brothers, I have no doubt that the surrounding places would at least get sprinkles of its noor. He was telling me how he feels inferior to the level of effort they have over there, that he needs to step at a faster pace to catch up with them. As much as he enjoys his new home, he and his family are starting to miss Rochester already. He said Atiqa and Taha have been mentioning Rochester. I told him we would love to pay him a visit..maybe during this coming winter break insyaAllah, along with spending some time over there. Alhamdulillah. Praise be to Allah. Established or not, strong or weak, this effort is growing all around the globe..and I couldn't be more grateful to be part of it, despite my countless shortcomings. May Allah open this effort to more and more of this ummah..ameen.

p/s: glad to hear some other friend of mine is also enjoying her new home..enjoy the roses while u can..^^