Foreword

Assalamu'alaikum. Welcome to this plain, mediocrely designed hut of mine. I love to write, and this is where I write. Things that I write, there might be mistakes in them. I seek refuge in Allah swt for me and you from the harm my writing may bring. Any good from it, may He swt reward me for that and spread the good to others. Any words that appear displeasing to you, don't take it to heart for I don't intend to hurt anyone in any way. Any advices I put forward, may Allah swt give me the taufiq to first act upon them, for they might testify against me in the hereafter. Jazakallah Khair.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

being left out is no good

Hm..This might help alleviate my worry. I have 3 exams coming in a row next week. But of these, the one that's giving me the 'chill' now is Genomics. The other two are manageable I guess. By virtue of intensity, Genomics is even tougher than the other two put together. I've been spending the entire weekend now reading pages which are not really making sense to my brilliant mind. Hope things will start snapping into place soon as I hate having to read everything several times. Anyway, I don't wish for this feeling to get the better of me. I'm well in control! I remember Maulana Abdul Muqeet was saying, more or less;

"A Muslim does not run into trouble except that Allah swt will reward him for his worry or restlessness, even to the most trivial extent."

For example, you put your key in your right pocket and later look for it in your left. Here, in the transition from your right to left pocket, there's a little worry in your heart that you might have lost your key. Allah will reward you for this! See, even this simple thing has a value in the side of Allah, let alone greater trouble and sufferings; It goes without saying that the rewards would be even more tremendous. Besides, these are an expiation for our past sins. So, no matter how difficult a situation may seem, never give up hope. Have trust in Allah and rest assured knowing that He is rewarding us accordingly.

There is one thing that bothers me more though..I decided to skip my khuruj this month to make way for the exams, and I truly feel bad about it. It was a super tough decision to make really. So Br. Kamran, Karkun 1 and Karkun 2 had to go without me this time. This fragile iman needs to be polished. I wish to make up for it next week insyaallah. The exam results better be worth it or else I would regret not going even more. Like this Malay saying goes; "Yang dikejar tak dapat yang dikendong keciciran."