Foreword

Assalamu'alaikum. Welcome to this plain, mediocrely designed hut of mine. I love to write, and this is where I write. Things that I write, there might be mistakes in them. I seek refuge in Allah swt for me and you from the harm my writing may bring. Any good from it, may He swt reward me for that and spread the good to others. Any words that appear displeasing to you, don't take it to heart for I don't intend to hurt anyone in any way. Any advices I put forward, may Allah swt give me the taufiq to first act upon them, for they might testify against me in the hereafter. Jazakallah Khair.

Monday, February 7, 2011

"weather-sick"?

What a relief! As soon as I got my presentation done, it was as if a 1.5-ton rock has been drawn off my head. I felt so light. The presentation went well I guess (Judging by the number of people who were still awake upon wrapping up the slides). Last week was super hectic. I spent the first three quarters of the week getting ready for exams and the last quarter of it working on my presentation and review paper. It's been a while since the last time I got pushed this far. At this very moment, if I flapped my hands up and down in a rapid motion, I would go floating in the air (exaggerating). So this week, it's lab notebook time! Lucky that I'm taking just one lab, so the labor is not as burdensome as taking 3 labs at once (past experience). Worldly things always bring butterflies in your stomach. The only thing that can bring peace to the heart is religion. Only by remembering Allah will the heart find true peace.

"...Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest!" (Surat Ar-Ra'd: 28)

I've got a problem waiting to be dealt with: the delay on the purchase of my flight ticket. All thanks to HSBC for denying me my ticket home. The secure code thing is making me sick to my pancreas. I don't recall having such an issue the last time I bought my ticket online. The worse part is I don't feel motivated at all to try to resolve this problem. I'm going back to Malaysia a little late this time to make way for the Summer classes I'm planning on taking. I learned my lesson from my last homecoming. Last time I went back for the entire break but ended up not knowing what to do at home. There was still much time left over even after I did my 40-day khuruj. I could've gone for 40 days twice and still had enough time to get bored. Hm..I've been going back every year now. I'm not homesick. Each time the freezing winds outside pierce through my body, the first thing that pops into my mind is "Malaysia!" That makes me "weather-sick," huh?

p/s: May Allah swt make our dealings easy. Ameen.